poppy study || 8x8-inch original painting
Lil has ballet once a week. Usually during those 45 minutes, I lose myself in my phone. This week, I tried not to be as pathetic and brought materials to sketch with. I prepped three sketches for botanicals, prepping the way for easy painting later. Note to self: always bring sketching to ballet!!
This poppy turned out EXACTLY how I wanted it to, and that almost never happens. I am so beyond thrilled with this piece and the growth I see in it!
Things I learned:
- a light base wash can make a world of difference.
- waiting for washes to dry pays dividends.
- sometimes you just have to take a break to build a wood unicorn and paint sparkly finger nails.
- ruffled edges are amazing!!
- blues for shadow work never cease to make me happy.
8x8-inch watercolor, colored pencil, graphite, and gouache on paper. Sealed to prevent fading and smudging.
Will ship within two weeks after purchase via USPS. Please allow extra time for delivery due to COVID-19 delays. All sales are final.