pink rose study i || 8x8-inch original painting
While roses may be the symbol of love, they have never been my favorite. Truth be said, red roses even make me angry. Give me wildflowers or give me freedom! Ok, maybe that’s a bit extreme, but not far off. So I decided to challenge myself to paint a flower I struggle with personally and push through.
What I learned painting this:
- step back. I often get tunnel vision on details and forget to step back and take in the whole.
- plans can change. This was supposed to be a white rose.
- slow and steady can win the race.
- just like a splotch of sunshine, a dose of yellow can really warm things up!
- pay attention to the composition and don’t be afraid to tinker with it.
8x8-inch watercolor, colored pencil, graphite, and gouache on paper. Sealed to prevent fading and smudging.
Will ship within two weeks after purchase via USPS. Please allow extra time for delivery due to COVID-19 delays. All sales are final.